cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Insert new item in a destination SharePoint List using Power Automate Flow

Hi all,
I am noob about SharePoint and Power Automate world.
I have a trouble with a flow on Office365.

I try to explain it:
1) There is a list about Company Orders (it is used since different months)
2) There is a new list about Corporate Purchases (it is new and empty)

Each lists has their Microsoft Power Automate flow.
I need to create a new item inside Company Orders List from Corporate Purchases List (I have seen that there is Insert Item of SharePoint inside Microsoft Flow).
When a new item will be created in Company Orders List, new item must have the same "Created Users" of original list and other fields value from Company Purchases List (some of them are multi-option list menu).
Is it possible? How can I do it?

For example, if in the original list "Created by" is Jack, I would that inside destination list "Created by" is still Jack.
How can I import data that are from multiple choice menu.
I hope to be clear
Thanks so much for your help

Federico
5 REPLIES 5
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FedericoCoppola,

It's unfortunate that modify the Created By column in SharePoint list is impossible. As a workaround, you could create a Person/Group type column to copy creator from another SharePoint List.

For the multiple choices column, you could initialize an array to collect all choice value and append them into the array variable. Then put the variable into the multiple choices field when you create an item.

Screenshot 2020-10-22 155654.jpg

Screenshot 2020-10-22 155731.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

It's unfortunate that modify the Created By column in SharePoint list is impossible. As a workaround, you could create a Person/Group type column to copy creator from another SharePoint List.

Ok, I will create and manage a new column as you suggested me.

Sorry, but I did not understood very well array  management about multiple choices column.

Multi choise option are the same in the first List and in the second List.

I need to copy the value of this multi choise input of the first List in the multi choise input of the second List when I create the new item in the second List.

How can I do it?

Federico

Hi @FedericoCoppola,

Multiple choice column actually is an object array store in SharePoint, it does not only contain the value but also contains other property.

When we copy the multiple-choice column from list A to list B, we just need the value, so we should use an array variable to hold them. Then copy it to the obstination list.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-litu-msft 

Thanks for your reply.

From list A I must copy just one element (user input) of this Array and not all array values, inside list B when I create new element.

I hope to be clear.

Federico

Hi @FedericoCoppola,

Ok, how does the user input the multiple choices column?

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (23,267)