cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobJinx

Insert x number of images from SharePoint into a word document

I am trying to create a flow that takes image's stored in a SharePoint document library folder and inserts them into a Word document. The word document has text on the first page, and on the second page the images would start. There should be two images per page centered. The number of images will differ per folder and I want to apply these actions to all folders within the document library.

Through my research I have seen where this is possible by creating a template in Word and having placeholder images. Problem is the amount of images that need to be inserted into the word document will differ with each folder, and I don't want to have to edit the template every time. If I put 15 placeholders and it only ends up filling 3 of the spots with images, then I have 12 additional placeholders taking up multiple empty pages which looks unprofessional to the end reader.

is there any way to avoid this?

1 REPLY 1
AnthonyAmador
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @RobJinx 

I'm afraid the only way to change a Word template is directly from within the Word app, so its not possible to add content to a Word template without knowing how much content you need, in this case images. 

I was thinking that a not too efficient solution for this is to make different templates with different spaces for the images, then use a "Switch" to select the template you need based on the number of images, that's my idea I don't know if it could work for your flow. 

If anyone has a better solution, please feel free to join. 

I hope this helps. 

Sincerely. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,837)