Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Inserting new column from Excel spreadsheet to SharePoint list

Hi

I have an Excel spreadsheet that is identical in content and columns to that of a SharePoint list.

The Excel spreadsheet has been updated with an addition +1 column for region. How can I use flow to insert this new column to the SharePoint list from Excel so that they now both match?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

I got the answer.

Trick is to have a condition in filter query

flow1.JPG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

hi @noneother  what you need to do is schedule a run. See unfortunally there are no trigger like when a new row is added in excel to execute a flow, so thats the reason you need to schedule you can run your flow once a day or when ever you need.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Highlighted

I'm not referring to +1 new records. I'm talking about +1 new column. My question is not about scheduling.

I want a manual trigger.

flow1.JPGflow2.JPGflow3.JPG

Highlighted

oh @noneother  sorry but the answer is the same, you can not add columns to sharepoint dynamically you need to created manually to have the same columns in both places excel, and sharepoint

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Highlighted

I got the answer.

Trick is to have a condition in filter query

flow1.JPG

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,621)