cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Insightly Lead Creation always passes null value

Hi All,

I'm running into an issue building a Flow and am pulling out my hair because I can't figure out why this connection isn't working.

After establishing a connection to Insightly (CRM software), I want to pull data from new lead records to manipulate. Ultimately, I want to update a sharepoint list with the information, but for illustration of this problem, I have simply added an action to email the dynamic content from the record:

Flow SetupFlow Setup

You can see the dynamic content has been inserted in the subject line and body of the email. Whenever the flow triggers, however, all the dynamic content is rendered as null values. I tried inserting some conditions before the action and they would break the flow because null wasn't an acceptable input value. The flow output log demonstrates this:

Flow outputFlow output

You can see that in the Body of the connection, the name/organization/number fields call the right data, but then there is empty output where they should show up in the subject and body areas below.

Am I using the dynamic content incorrectly? Is this a known bug in using Insightly as a trigger?

I tried testing the function of other Insightly functions (emailing myself the information from a created Insightly event) and they worked fine, but I really need functionality to read field data from Lead records. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Insightly Lead Creation always passes null value

Hi @ cle0,

I have made a test on my side and the issue is confirmed on my side, the dynamic content of trigger “When a lead is created” would always be null.

I think this issue is related to the connector, I would post this issue to my product team. If the issue is solved, I would reply here.

For you situation, you could refer to steps below to create your flow as an alternative way:

1. Add trigger “When a lead is created”
  2. Add a Compose, fill in the expressions in the inputs field as below:

first(triggerBody()?['leads'])

3.Add a Compose 2, fill in the expressions in the inputs field as below:

outputs('Compose')?['TITLE']

Note:You could use the expressions to get the title of the lead.

You could also get the description of the lead use expressions below:

outputs('Compose')?[' LEAD_DESCRIPTION']

You could get the field name that would be used in the expressions from the Output of the Compose or the trigger.

8.png

The flow would run successfully as below:

9.png

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,500)