cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xpirit-jasper
Level: Power Up

Integration with Azure DevOps

Hi,

We are trying to build a Flow that will connect to an Azure DevOps organization. 

While being signed in with my work account email, the Azure DevOps connection automatically connects to Azure DevOps using the active credentials.... That is not what I want. I want to be able to connect manually to any desired Azure DevOps organization regardless of the current credentials.

Trying to switch connections does not help at all.

Any tips welcome!

Regards

Jasper

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Integration with Azure DevOps

Hi @xpirit-jasper ,

Thanks for updating.

Glad to hear that it works.

Clearing caches or signing in with InPrivate mode will always work in such a situation.

Best regards,

Mabel  

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Super User
Super User

Hi @xpirit-jasper all of the actions within Flow require username and password credentials to esablish a connection with DevOps. Therefore you won't be able to use these actions and have flexibility to connect to any organisation with differing credentials.

If you have a Plan 1 license you can use the HTTP action and perform all of the calls manually using the DevOps REST APIs, otherwise you could script your interactions with DevOps, push those out into Azure and just call them from Flow.

Did my reply help? Please give it a thumbs up.
Did I answer your question? Please mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Leader: Black Country PowerApps & Flow User Group

xpirit-jasper

You mention that a task needs credentials, that is perfectly fine, but it does not let me specify it. 

Also if I go into the connections part it still only takes the current account while I can specify multiple.

It seems like the idea was there but the implementation is broken.

I understand and accept your response but is a dedicated task not the natural wrapper for a REST API specific task?

Super User
Super User

Ahhhhh I think  I see what you're referring to. When you try to create a new connection from the action it doesn't give you the opportunity to select another account to switch to another DevOps tenancy. Is that right? I hadn't noticed that behaviour before and agree that it's not quite right.

When I read your initial post I thought you were dynamically trying to connect to multiple DevOps tenancies with different credentials. For that I apologise.

I've tried this in Edge as well and I see the same issue, so I'll raise this as a bug.

Did my reply help? Please give it a thumbs up.
Did I answer your question? Please mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Leader: Black Country PowerApps & Flow User Group

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @xpirit-jasper ,

Do you want to create the connection using a different account credential info?

About the “Current credentials”, I assume that you’ve signed in to the Azure DevOps with the “current credentials” using the same browser with Flow.

Please try to clear caches and sign in again to try to create a connection using different account credentials.

Besides, you could also try signing in using InPrivate mode.

Hope this will work for you.

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
xpirit-jasper

It sort of works but does not feel like a very solid integration platform. 

I will be able to hack my way through but this is far from end user friendly.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @xpirit-jasper ,

Thanks for updating.

Glad to hear that it works.

Clearing caches or signing in with InPrivate mode will always work in such a situation.

Best regards,

Mabel  

View solution in original post

crisher
Level: Powered On

What exactly was the resolution to this? I can't quite tell. I am effectively trying to do the same thing.

https://easierway-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/risher_1path_com/EW8yLWTxKBZJhy0f05Fv8wQBKZUNAOyP...

That's a recording of what I am getting. It doesn't really allow me to specify different credentials. If I log in to Axure DevOps with the other creds then that will cache causing the Flow instance to log out. I also tried this in Incognito mode. I have done it in Chrome and Edge. No luck.

@v-yamao-msft @xpirit-jasper @MattWeston365 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (7,102)