cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Interacting with Data from Excel without a table

I have an excel file that is emailed to me that I want to add into a SQL database. My issue is the excel file is not configured with a table. How can I get these rows into a table format using flow?

I see the create table function from excel but that creates and empty table with the column headings I choose. Is it possible to create the table with data?

I can get my whole process to work if I start with a file that has a table in it, but my emailed report is not possible to be created with the table from the source so I have to automate that somehow.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ahall ,

If the current configured Excel file does not contain a defined table, the related action cannot be used.

Create table action can only define a table, but it cannot insert data.

In addition, the existing action cannot obtain the data contained in the worksheet, so the data cannot be automatically inserted into the table through Flow.

I am afraid there is currently no way to achieve such a requirements.

If you want similar features to be supported, you could post your idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ahall ,

If the current configured Excel file does not contain a defined table, the related action cannot be used.

Create table action can only define a table, but it cannot insert data.

In addition, the existing action cannot obtain the data contained in the worksheet, so the data cannot be automatically inserted into the table through Flow.

I am afraid there is currently no way to achieve such a requirements.

If you want similar features to be supported, you could post your idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hey , I don't have access to the link. Can you share the permissions with me?

Hi @ahall, I am not able to access this link, is there anyway I can access it?

I want to know how to read a csv file and iterate through them in Flow (Power Automate).

Thanks.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Cookbook/Read-tab-delimited-CSV-and-write-records/m-p/24645...

What is the solution? I don't have access to that link.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,179)