I'm trying to get employee information from Workday using a SOAP message.
I just wanted to know the response message.
This message works in SOAP UI.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<env:Envelope xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<wd:Get_Workers_Request xmlns:wd="urn:com.workday/bsvc" wd:version="v33.2">
<wd:Request_References wd:Skip_Non_Existing_Instances="true" wd:Ignore_Invalid_References="true">
This SOAP message request doesn't work and I received an invalid request error message when running it.
Did you find a solution or is this issue still relevant for you?
If still relevant, could you provide the error message that you receive? Did you try other SOAP queries?
Kind regards, John
Yes I still couldn't figure out the cause of the error.
Here are the messages that I received.
Action 'SOAP_Operation_2' failed
Here is the complete error from message Action/step:
"message": "Invalid request",
I tried running the same request in SOAP UI and it was working correctly.
Thus, I cannot figure out what's wrong with the SOAP message as it is the same as the one that I tested successfully in SOAP UI.
Thank you for the information. I don't use Workday myself, so can't really try it out, but I do have some questions, which may help you find a solution 🙂
The Workday connector offers several actions - one which looks like you could use. Have you tried the other actions and if so, what was the result and did it not fulfill your need?
Is it possible for you to see any log message from the client side about your SOAP call?
Have you tried to leave out the "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>" part? Could be that the SOAP action itself adds it (just guessing here)!
Kind regards, John
I appreciate your help.
I was able to run the Get Employee Personal Info and Get Employee Employment Info actions successfully.
However, that only needs employee ID of the data that I want to pull from Workday unlike the SOAP Operation where I need to place the full SOAP request.
I also removed the "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>" part few days ago but I have the same result.
One thing that I've noticed is that, the process runs in less than a minute when it is successful but it runs for about 10 to 15 minutes then it fails.
I don't know if yet if there is a way to find the logs on Workday but I will continue my research to see if there is a way to retrieve it.
Thank you for the troubleshooting advise. I know that if I resolve the issue and make this one simple SOAP message to work I will be able to play around with the request to simplify the results.
The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.
Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.
Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.
Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.