Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ecargullo
Frequent Visitor

Invalid request error in Workday SOAP message

Hello,

Good day!
I'm trying to get employee information from Workday using a SOAP message.

I just wanted to know the response message.

ecargullo_0-1595561372690.png

This message works in SOAP UI.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <env:Envelope xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
        <env:Body>
            <wd:Get_Workers_Request xmlns:wd="urn:com.workday/bsvc" wd:version="v33.2">
                <wd:Request_References wd:Skip_Non_Existing_Instances="true" wd:Ignore_Invalid_References="true">
                    <wd:Worker_Reference>
                        <wd:ID wd:type="Employee_ID"><EmployeeID></wd:ID>
                    </wd:Worker_Reference>
                </wd:Request_References>
                <wd:Response_Group>
                    <wd:Include_Personal_Information>true</wd:Include_Personal_Information>
                </wd:Response_Group>
            </wd:Get_Workers_Request>
        </env:Body>
    </env:Envelope>

This SOAP message request doesn't work and I received an invalid request error message when running it.

Thank you.

Regards,

Junmar

5 REPLIES 5
JohnAageAnderse
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello @ecargullo 

Did you find a solution or is this issue still relevant for you?

If still relevant, could you provide the error message that you receive? Did you try other SOAP queries?

Kind regards, John

Hi John,

Good day!

Yes I still couldn't figure out the cause of the error.

Here are the messages that I received.

Error:
Action 'SOAP_Operation_2' failed

Error Details:
Invalid request

Here is the complete error from message  Action/step:
{
  "error": {
    "code": "SOAP-ENV:Client.validationError",
    "message": "Invalid request",
    "detail": [],
    "clientRequestId": ""
  }
}

I tried running the same request in SOAP UI and it was working correctly.

Thus, I cannot figure out what's wrong with the SOAP message as it is the same as the one that I tested successfully in SOAP UI.

Thank you.

Regards,

Junmar 

Hello @ecargullo 

Thank you for the information. I don't use Workday myself, so can't really try it out, but I do have some questions, which may help you find a solution 🙂

The Workday connector offers several actions - one which looks like you could use. Have you tried the other actions and if so, what was the result and did it not fulfill your need?

Is it possible for you to see any log message from the client side about your SOAP call?

Have you tried to leave out the "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>" part? Could be that the SOAP action itself adds it (just guessing here)!

Kind regards, John

Hello John,

I appreciate your help.

I was able to run the Get Employee Personal Info and Get Employee Employment  Info actions successfully.

However, that only needs employee ID of the data that I want to pull from Workday unlike the SOAP Operation where I need to place the full SOAP request.

I also removed the "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>" part few days ago but I have the same result.

One thing that I've noticed is that, the process runs in less than a minute when it is successful but it runs for about 10 to 15 minutes then it fails.

I don't know if yet if there is a way to find the logs on Workday but I will continue my research to see if there is a way to retrieve it.

Thank you for the troubleshooting advise. I know that if I resolve the issue and make this one simple SOAP message to work I will be able to play around with the request to simplify the results.

Regards,

Junmar 

Abhishekchopra
Frequent Visitor

You just need to pass content within body to this connector and it will work.

<env:Body>

content --> just pass this content

</env:Body>

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,047)