cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkBandR
Helper II
Helper II

InvalidPaginationPolicy when switching Flow from Manually trigger a flow to Recurrence

I have a flow that I have been developing that manipulates many items between an Excel Workbook and several SharePoint Lists. I was testing the Flow using the trigger "Manually trigger a flow". Everything is working great and I switched the Trigger to "Recurrence". Now the flow will not save and gives the error:

Flow save failed with code 'InvalidPaginationPolicy' and message 'The pagination policy of workflow run action 'Get_items' of type 'OpenApiConnection' at line '1' and column '948' is not valid. The value specified for property 'minimumItemsCount' exceeds the maximum allowed. Actual: '30000'. Maximum: '5000'.'.

I have flipped the trigger back to "Manually trigger a flow" and things save and work fine again.

I created a small flow that just runs and executes a SharePoint "Get Items" with Top count: 5000 and Pagination turned on and set to 30000. If the Trigger is "Manually trigger a flow", then the flow save fine. Changing to "Recurrence" causes the same "InvalidPaginationPolicy" error.

Does anyone know if this is a licensing issue? Or a bug? And if it is a bug, is the bug that it allows it with "Manually trigger a flow" or that it doesn't allows it with "Recurrence"?

To get around this, I have put everything in a Solution. I have a simple Parent Flow with a Recurrence trigger that launches the main flow as a Child flow.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,348)