cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BhanuChintha2
Level: Power Up

Invoke a trigger on check-in of document

Hello Team,

Can you please let me know if there is any option to trigger a flow when a document is checked-in/checked-out/published/minor versio checked-in.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhanu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
bobandted
Level: Powered On

Re: Invoke a trigger on check-in of document

I managed to achieve this function.  Although the process is a bit convoluted. It does work.

Steps are

1. "when file is created or modified"

2. "Send a HTTP Request to SharePoint"

3. Parse JSON

4. Check Condition

5. is status == checked in, then do something, else terminate

HTTP URI is:

_api/web/getFileByServerRelativeUrl('/sites/TestFileShare/@{body('Get_file_properties')['{Path}']}@{body('Get_file_properties')['{FilenameWithExtension}']}')/checkOutType

t1.PNG

t2.PNG

t3.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
Super User
Super User

I'm also interested for answer to this as from description about this trigger there is bigger detail what modified exactly means. But I'm pretty sure that the level you are asking @BhanuChintha2 will not be reached for checking of item.

P.

Super User
Super User

Currently, there aren't any triggers available for this. If you want these as a trigger, make sure to add this to the ideas forum!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ BhanuChintha2,

To trigger a flow when a document is “checked-in/checked-out/published/minor versio checked-in” in sharepoint document library is not supported in Microsoft flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,
Alice Zhang

deolgoria

@BhanuChintha2  I need this same functionality.  Two weeks ago I created an idea for the Flow team here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Expose-SharePoint-Library-quot-Checked-Out-To-quot-co...

At this point I'm going to have to use an old-style SharePoint workflow until this is implemented.   

Highlighted
bobandted

I managed to achieve this function.  Although the process is a bit convoluted. It does work.

Steps are

1. "when file is created or modified"

2. "Send a HTTP Request to SharePoint"

3. Parse JSON

4. Check Condition

5. is status == checked in, then do something, else terminate

HTTP URI is:

_api/web/getFileByServerRelativeUrl('/sites/TestFileShare/@{body('Get_file_properties')['{Path}']}@{body('Get_file_properties')['{FilenameWithExtension}']}')/checkOutType

t1.PNG

t2.PNG

t3.PNG

deolgoria

Thanks for this. 

bobandted

As a follow up - one problem I ran into was if I updated the file properties I ran into the recursion issue whereby the modified file trigger was called again so I was stuck in an infinite loop.  I have resolved this by checking the approved status of my file.  If the file was approved there was nothing for me to do.  1 is approved, so just terminate the flow. One could also check the checkout status or some other variable.

x1.PNGx2.PNG

DavJaq

Thanks for the clue...and if you want to get the Approval status (by leveraging the out-of-the box SharePoint content approval feature).. here's how I did it:

2019-01-21_15-17-40.jpg

>