cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
powro
Level: Powered On

Is Excel - Get Rows Broken?

Hello,

I am trying to create a simple flow that gets rows from an Excel file and updates them.

Excel - Get Rows make my columns available in dynamic content, but there is no __PowerAppsId__?

(it adds a __PowerAppsId__ column to the excel file, but it does not make it available in Flow)

Since Excel - Update Row requires __PowerAppsId__, I cannot finish setting up my flow.

Is Excel - Get Rows broken?

When I try with Google Spreadsheets - Get Rows, it works.

9 REPLIES 9
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Is Excel - Get Rows Broken?

Hi Powro,

How is your flow created? What’s your trigger?

Could you show me a screenshot about how is your flow configured?

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
powro

Hello Mabel,

My flow (currently) consists of:

1. Manual Trigger
  2. Excel - Get Rows
  3. Loop
    1. "Excel - Delete Row"

Here is a screenshot of my flow.

Flow Picture.png

And my Excel file: (before and after I edit the flow)

Excel Before.pngExcel After.png

I think Excel - Get Rows is broken in so that it does not make __PowerAppsId__ available for next steps/actions.

It only makes the original Excel file columns available.

If I try with Google Sheets, it works.

Thank you,

Andre

whing
Level: Power Up

I have the same problem, Excel Table not populating with "__PowerAppsId__" col

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Powro,

Thanks for your reply. I tested this issue from my side, I got the same result with you. I can get __PowerAppsId__ when using Google sheets, but I cannot get it when using Excel.

Delete row1.PNG

delete row2.PNG

Thanks for your feedback. I will report this from my side and try to involve others who are familiar with this issue take a further investigation on it.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
powro

Thanks Mabel.

If it is indeed a bug, where I work (large company), I think it could be a big issue. Many business users will want to automate flows starting with Excel files. However, if they cannot keep track of the records processed because of a bug, Flow is not an option.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Powro,

I have reported this issue from my side, now, PGs are working on this, I assume that it should be working soon.
Thanks for your patience and understanding, I will keep an eye on this and back to you once I got any updates.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

whing
Level: Power Up

This of course does point out a big single point of failure. Assume your company has 50+ flows reading from excel with many interdependencies. Maybe some processes are critical or time dependant.

You should consider when it is or is not appropriate to use flows.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Powro,

Have you tried with issue again? Now “Row id” is available, please try it on your side.

I am able to select the Row id from the dynamic content when creating a flow using Excel:

2.PNG

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Highlighted
NeilMcCafferty

I want to use this on an Excel file held in SharePoint - in an O365 Group in particular. Is there a working option and, if not, is there an alternative means to read new row content from an Excel file in a shared location?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,987)