cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
natrob
Helper I
Helper I

Is It Possible

Is it possible to use a Flow to collect a user's latitude and longitude every minute and upload to a Sharepoint list? The built-in geofence functions don't work for my account, but I don't need any geofence parameters, just want to be able to track a user's location over time while their app is running in the background. Is this possible? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @natrob,

I know you can collect the location data from a manual trigger. For instance with the flic button trigger or the button trigger.

manualtrigger_geo.png

However, in your case you want it scheduled, correct? I haven't seen examples of that for Power Automate, but maybe somebody else has seen that?

I did see some Power Apps which were able to do that. Maybe that's an easier approach?

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Getting-GPS-location-on-Form-amp-Flow/td-...

Hope this helps a bit.

Hi @Expiscornovus , yes I'm looking for a scheduled approach to the problem. I'd also just come across the manual trigger allowing access to coordinate data and thought there might be an automatic solution too. While Power Apps themselves can't run in the background of a device, Power Automate can, so if an automatic solution can be found using Flow, all day geofencing without user input can work. I'm not familiar with Flow capabilities, so I haven't explored beyond the manual, Power Apps, and Automatic triggers which both don't offer coordinate data out the gate. 

Unfortunately the other threads didn't have a solution. Thanks for the reply!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (34,741)