cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anthonys123
Helper III
Helper III

Is an Input.Text within an ActionSet > Action.ShowCard usable for an output?

I hope I'm describing this properly. See captions on screenshots. 

I have a card that shows a list of information. If the information is correct, the user can Submit. If the information needs to be edited, there's an EDIT button that will Action.ShowCard. This displays an Adaptive Card with a series of Input.Text fields. Then the user can submit the updated information. This data is is going to a SPO List.

I'm not seeing these text fields in the output of the card and the action that follows is getting a "null" input when it should be getting the text from the previous action.  

I'm pretty sure I have all the code correct. So I'm wondering if the text input inside an embedded Adaptive Card can't be utilized.  

It's also worth noting that I'm using Get Info from the SPO List to populate the "value" for the text fields. 

Card displays information. User can edit info.Card displays information. User can edit info.Following action should use the information from the previous card.Following action should use the information from the previous card.This is the output from the card. It's not showing the card data within Action.ShowCard.This is the output from the card. It's not showing the card data within Action.ShowCard.Resulting input is "null'.Resulting input is "null'.  

It seems my hunch is true. (Or I could be doing something wrong.) I've replaced the entire card with just the code from the hidden card (screen shot below). This works nominally - fields are populated with previous entires and leaving them alone provides an output for all of the fields. So, this confirms for me that using values from Get Info to fill a text field (and SPO list) is a valid operation.    

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 2.10.52 PM.png 

What do I need to do to grab the values from the 'hidden' card (below)? I suspect that this value needs to be changed to reflect its location within the formula. The value is currently 
@{body('Post_adaptive_card_and_wait_for_a_response_3')?['data']?['client']}  

{
    "type": "AdaptiveCard",
    "$schema": "http://adaptivecards.io/schemas/adaptive-card.json",
    "version": "1.3",
    "body": [

{
            "type": "ActionSet",
            "actions": [
                {
                    "type": "Action.ShowCard",
                    "title": "Edit Information ",
                    "card": {
                        "type": "AdaptiveCard",
                        "body": [
                            {
                                "type": "Input.Text",
                                "placeholder": "Client Name",
                                "id": "client",
                                "spacing": "Medium",
                                "label": "Client:",
                                "value": "@{outputs('Get_item')?['body/Client']}"
                            }
                        ]
                    },
                    "id": "edit"
                }
            ]
        }

]
}

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,514)