cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Is it possible for responses in actionable emails to be recorded in sharepoint list version history?

Hi,

I have a sharepoint list that send out actionable emails to people to notify them that their parcels have arrived at reception.

the receptionist captures the relevant metadata (waybill number, recipient, sender,...) in a new list item.

automatically, flow sends an actionable email with the button "I collected the parcel".

When the recipients click on the button "I collected the parcel" the same sharepoint list status column is updated to "I collected the parcel"

How do I get the flow to record in the version history of the item, the email recipient as being the modifier of the item?

Currently the item is being shown as modified by the person whose email account sends the actionable email which doesn't prove that the recipient of the email received the parcel.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks again!

Regards,

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Is it possible for responses in actionable emails to be recorded in sharepoint list version history?

Hi @DanielRK 

You need to fetch the information of the user that is running the Power Automation to be able to add it to the table.

To do that use the "Get My Profile" under "Office" and you'll be able to access the information and save the name to SharePoint.

2019-12-19 13_45_17-Create your flow _ Power Automate.png

Hope this helps you.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Is it possible for responses in actionable emails to be recorded in sharepoint list version history?

Hi @DanielRK 

You need to fetch the information of the user that is running the Power Automation to be able to add it to the table.

To do that use the "Get My Profile" under "Office" and you'll be able to access the information and save the name to SharePoint.

2019-12-19 13_45_17-Create your flow _ Power Automate.png

Hope this helps you.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi Manuel,

Thank you!!! you have solved my problem!

The sharepoint list get's updated with that user's name as the collector ('addressed to' field) when they click on the actionable email button "I have collected the courier" in the "collected by" field.

I want to take it a step further now and have that user specified in the "get user profile" ('addressed to' field) be the one who modifies the list so you can see that they made the change to the item in the version history.

Currently, you can see that the flow owner (myself) is the one who modifies the list is the version history.

Is it possible to do this?

get user profile problem1.pngget user profile problem2.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

August 2020 CYST Winners!

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,350)