cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to apply Flow to only a selected gallery row instead of the whole gallery in Powerapps

Hey everyone,

Is it possible for me to design a flow where only the selected row items are updated in Powerapps Gallery instead of the whole Gallery is being updated?

Thanks a ton!

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Its all dependent on what you pass to Flow as a parameter.  You can definitely pass a subset of the records in a gallery and then when the results are returned apply them to the row you sent.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey@Pstork1 

Thank you for your fast reply! Where and how should I pass a subset of the records in a gallery? 

To specify my case, I have a gallery with text inputs and when I modify one row of these text inputs every row changes like this

onselectbutton.JPG

my Flow set up is as shown below

flow.JPG

Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

In SharePoint every item in a list has an integer ID that is automatically applied.  The Get Item action will retrieve one record based on that specific ID.  You would pass that to the Flow just like you are passing the values you want to change.

5 REPLIES 5
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Its all dependent on what you pass to Flow as a parameter.  You can definitely pass a subset of the records in a gallery and then when the results are returned apply them to the row you sent.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey@Pstork1 

Thank you for your fast reply! Where and how should I pass a subset of the records in a gallery? 

To specify my case, I have a gallery with text inputs and when I modify one row of these text inputs every row changes like this

onselectbutton.JPG

my Flow set up is as shown below

flow.JPG

Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Assuming the gallery is attached to a SharePoint data source then you can just pass the ID of the record being displayed and the values you want to change in that row of the gallery to the Flow and change the Get Items action to Get Item. Use that Get Item to retrieve the record you want.  Then you can update that record without using an Apply to Each and only change one row.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you@Pstork1!!

My last question is what does the ID for Get Item do? How should I provide it? Through Powerapps or just specify an integer in Flow 

Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

In SharePoint every item in a list has an integer ID that is automatically applied.  The Get Item action will retrieve one record based on that specific ID.  You would pass that to the Flow just like you are passing the values you want to change.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (69,971)