cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Is it possible to refresh a PowerApps dataflow with Power Automate?

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to refresh a PowerApps dataflow with Power Automate?

I have been searching, but no luck yet...

Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
Frequent Visitor

It's a pain. What I normally do is add a button that runs the flow. Just re-create the button to upgrade. However a great feature would be version controlling the flow and allowing upgrades or not to be applied to different apps

Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

OK, thanks for the reply.

The idea is to build an app with a button that refreshes the power apps data flow.

Is this viable?

Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@JohnL 

Any advice? Is it possible at all to refresh a PowerApps Data flow?

Thanks a lot anyone for helping!

Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @WebPortal ,

A new connector with a trigger (When dataflow completes) and an action (Refresh a dataflow was just release in December 2020).  See links below.

Announcing Dataflows Power Automate Connector public preview | Microsoft Power Apps

Power Query Dataflows - Connectors | Microsoft Docs

It's a game-changer and I'm really excited about it... well... I was really excited but I can't get it to work.  I only see environments created in Teams and none of my PowerApps env.   Sad!  😞

--mo

It is a premium feature, I believe...

Sorry, missed the posts. What I mean is if you add a button that runs the flow it will re-create the schema. Delete the button afterwards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (26,797)