cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WebPortal
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Is it possible to refresh a PowerApps dataflow with Power Automate?

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to refresh a PowerApps dataflow with Power Automate?

I have been searching, but no luck yet...

Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
JohnL
Frequent Visitor

It's a pain. What I normally do is add a button that runs the flow. Just re-create the button to upgrade. However a great feature would be version controlling the flow and allowing upgrades or not to be applied to different apps

WebPortal
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

OK, thanks for the reply.

The idea is to build an app with a button that refreshes the power apps data flow.

Is this viable?

WebPortal
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@JohnL 

Any advice? Is it possible at all to refresh a PowerApps Data flow?

Thanks a lot anyone for helping!

molegris
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi @WebPortal ,

A new connector with a trigger (When dataflow completes) and an action (Refresh a dataflow was just release in December 2020).  See links below.

Announcing Dataflows Power Automate Connector public preview | Microsoft Power Apps

Power Query Dataflows - Connectors | Microsoft Docs

It's a game-changer and I'm really excited about it... well... I was really excited but I can't get it to work.  I only see environments created in Teams and none of my PowerApps env.   Sad!  😞

--mo

It is a premium feature, I believe...

JohnL
Frequent Visitor

Sorry, missed the posts. What I mean is if you add a button that runs the flow it will re-create the schema. Delete the button afterwards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,410)