cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to retrieve phone number from the people and group type of SharePoint column ?

Hi there, 

I have requirement to get the phone number of the contact person in the email body of a Send Email action. The datasource is SharePoint list and the contact is created using the people and groups type. Is this possible? 

Looking for suggestions/ workarounds.  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Is it possible to retrieve phone number from the people and group type of SharePoint column ?

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you want to retrieve phone number from the Person or Group type column of your SharePoint list and put that into the "Send an email" action?

I have created a SharePoint list on my side and the data structure of it as below:3.JPG

Note: The Contact column is a Person or Group type column in my SharePoint list.

I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:4.JPG

Within User(UPN) field of "Get user profile (V2)" action, type the Contact Email dynamic content of the trigger.

Within Inputs field of Compose action, type the Mobile Phone dynamic content of "Get user profile (V2)" action. In order to get the Mobile Phone dynamic content, please click "See more" button of "Get user profile (V2)" action within right Dynamic content panel, all Dynamic contents would be shown up.

The flow works successfully as below:5.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Community Support
Community Support

Re: Is it possible to retrieve phone number from the people and group type of SharePoint column ?

Hi @Anonymous,

Yes, it could be also achieved wihtin PowerApps. I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add your SharePoint list data source and Office 365 Users data source within your PowerApps app as beow:17.JPG

• Add a Screen 2 (Display Screen), then insert a Display From control within it. Select the Display From control, add a Custom Data Card within it as below:18.JPG

• Within the Custom Data Card control, add two Label controls. The Text property of first Label control set to Phone, the Text property of second Label control set to following formula:
Office365Users.UserProfile(Gallery1.Selected.Contact.Email).mobilePhone

Note: The Contact is a Person or Group type column in my SharePoint list (Mentioned as above).

19.JPG

More details about Office 365 Users connection in PowerApps, please check the folliwing article:

Office 365 Users connection in PowerApps

Best regards,

Kris

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Assuming that the person is not an external user, you might try retrieving the phone info from the User Profile.  You can reference the person or group column (email address) in the User Profile action.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you want to retrieve phone number from the Person or Group type column of your SharePoint list and put that into the "Send an email" action?

I have created a SharePoint list on my side and the data structure of it as below:3.JPG

Note: The Contact column is a Person or Group type column in my SharePoint list.

I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:4.JPG

Within User(UPN) field of "Get user profile (V2)" action, type the Contact Email dynamic content of the trigger.

Within Inputs field of Compose action, type the Mobile Phone dynamic content of "Get user profile (V2)" action. In order to get the Mobile Phone dynamic content, please click "See more" button of "Get user profile (V2)" action within right Dynamic content panel, all Dynamic contents would be shown up.

The flow works successfully as below:5.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kris. But can the same be achieved in powerapps? I want to display in the screen, username and phone.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Yes, it could be also achieved wihtin PowerApps. I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add your SharePoint list data source and Office 365 Users data source within your PowerApps app as beow:17.JPG

• Add a Screen 2 (Display Screen), then insert a Display From control within it. Select the Display From control, add a Custom Data Card within it as below:18.JPG

• Within the Custom Data Card control, add two Label controls. The Text property of first Label control set to Phone, the Text property of second Label control set to following formula:
Office365Users.UserProfile(Gallery1.Selected.Contact.Email).mobilePhone

Note: The Contact is a Person or Group type column in my SharePoint list (Mentioned as above).

19.JPG

More details about Office 365 Users connection in PowerApps, please check the folliwing article:

Office 365 Users connection in PowerApps

Best regards,

Kris

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kris, 

Thank your for the information. It helped! I have another scenario as below-

There are multiple users listed in the SP list column (which is of type People and Goups) and I have to get the values in the format

Display name :

Phone number:

I can get this if there is only 1 user name but not if there are > 1 names in the column. However I can get their Display names listed, still not able to find a way to get the phone numbers too..  Any suggestions?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,366)