cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper V
Helper V

Is it possible to selectively remove a user from a people column that holds a number of people in it by using a Power Automate.

Hey guys,

Perhaps there is a better way but what I was trying to accomplish and half way done so far , to use Forms to let a user subscribe to new blogs entered. If they say "yes" to the subscription they are added to a people column, from there I will use an automated flow to send them updates for that row.
I have the subscription form working, which writes the user's email who says yes to the subscription into the people column, but how do I work it that the user can unsubscribe themselves by reversing the flow.  In effect deleting their email address off the people's column?

If there is a better way ( which I suppose might be for sure) to have a user use a form to subscribe and let them know when a new news blog is created, please do kindly show me. I wanted to present them something that they are more akin to then having to try to teach them how to create a new alert which would confuse a lot of the users.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MikeRooker

It is possible to do it, please refer to these steps to create the Flow:

• First of all, you should get the item where the email located in;
  • Initialize an array variable to hold remain people after the target Email removed;
  • Create an Apply to each action to loop through the people column (on my side, it is Multiple person);
  • If current item Email does not equal to target Email, append it into the NewPeople variable;
{
"Claims": "i:0#.f|membership|@{item()?['Email']}"
}​
  • After all, use the update item action and use the NewPeople variable to update the people

Annotation 2020-05-19 173631.jpg

Annotation 2020-05-19 173745.jpg

Annotation 2020-05-19 173813.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MikeRooker

It is possible to do it, please refer to these steps to create the Flow:

• First of all, you should get the item where the email located in;
  • Initialize an array variable to hold remain people after the target Email removed;
  • Create an Apply to each action to loop through the people column (on my side, it is Multiple person);
  • If current item Email does not equal to target Email, append it into the NewPeople variable;
{
"Claims": "i:0#.f|membership|@{item()?['Email']}"
}​
  • After all, use the update item action and use the NewPeople variable to update the people

Annotation 2020-05-19 173631.jpg

Annotation 2020-05-19 173745.jpg

Annotation 2020-05-19 173813.jpg

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@v-litu-msftAbsolutely brilliant! Thank you!!

One thing if I may ask, what if they want to unsubscribe? How would I do that in reverse?
Thank you again!

Hi @MikeRooker,

My method is unsubscribing. If someone want to describe, remove the Email form the people column.

If I misunderstand your request, please tell me more details, I will happy to learn.

Best Regards,

Hello @v-litu-msft ,

If I may ask what would use to remove the email? What actions please? I'm still a little new to some things.

Thank you so very much.

Hi @MikeRooker,

There is no need to delete the email, loop through all emails in the People column to check each people's Email, if the Email is not the Email you want to delete, append it into the variable, if the Email is you want to delete, just skip it, no need to delete it.

Best Regards,

Thank you so much @v-litu-msft . What I was trying to emulate was one of those links at the bottom of an email where it says "unsubscribe" and I thought there was a way I could cycle through the people column and remove it from the list, I suppose you're saying I just add them to them to an "ignore" email list to use when cycling them through the "subscribe" People column. It's that row with the people column that I use a flow on to send them an email when a new item is created. Thank you again.

Hi @MikeRooker,

Oh, sorry for my misunderstanding, if so, it is not supported to do it.

A user couldn't via click a link to start a Flow and pass their email.

Best Regards,

Thank you @v-litu-msft . You're awesome! I appreciate you so very much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,269)