cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlprentice
Resolver II
Resolver II

Is it possible to send emails in plaintext?

I am trying to send an email in plaintext. Basically the user fills out a MS form, this form fires off a flow that sends in an email into the IBC FootPrints Service Core to create a ticket with details pre-filled.

The problem? Sending these emails in HTML keeps resulting in the fields not being processed correctly. Sending in plaintext from my own email works, but when I try to remove the HTML code in the flow everything just gets stacked together once emailed.

Screenshot 2020-10-22 071654.png

However instead of something structured see the following:

Screenshot 2020-10-22 071845.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @dlprentice 

Currently it's not possible to send an email in plain text. You could vote for this feature in the Power Automate Ideas: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Option-to-send-a-plain-text-email-rather-th...

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @dlprentice 

Currently it's not possible to send an email in plain text. You could vote for this feature in the Power Automate Ideas: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Option-to-send-a-plain-text-email-rather-th...

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

hboardman

"You cannot do that" is not a solution.

IMACIO
Frequent Visitor

Wow! This is very frustrating - I am having the same issue. I'm trying to send an email to an outside vendors helpdesk app but it can only read/parse plain text emails. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,676)