cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdowse
Resolver I
Resolver I

Is it possible to send parameters from an embedded canvas app to a flow?

Hello Everyone!

I have an embedded canvas app in a form in a model driven app. It contains buttons that launch flows.

I can easily use 'flowname'.Run(ModelDrivenFormIntegration.Item.Instruction) to send parameters from the column in the Instruction table to my flow.

What I would also like to do is for the user to use a date picker (DatePicker1) in the canvas app to choose a date. I then want to send that date to the flow as well.

I have tried this expression: 'flowname'.Run(ModelDrivenFormIntegration.Item.Instruction,DatePicker1.SelectedDate) but I get an error in the canvas app as shown below:

Screenshot 2021-01-11 214541.jpg

Am I doing something wrong, or is what I'm trying to do not possible?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sdowse,

The error is saying the number of arguments is not correct, expected 1 but received 2.

This is an issue with the invalid parameter. 

When you add a new parameter into the FlowName.Run() function, you should add a new "Ask in PowerApps" into the Flow and save Flow.
Screenshot 2021-01-12 094935.jpg

Then on the PowerApps side, remove the associated Flow from Apps, then re-added it. this issue will be solved.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sdowse,

The error is saying the number of arguments is not correct, expected 1 but received 2.

This is an issue with the invalid parameter. 

When you add a new parameter into the FlowName.Run() function, you should add a new "Ask in PowerApps" into the Flow and save Flow.
Screenshot 2021-01-12 094935.jpg

Then on the PowerApps side, remove the associated Flow from Apps, then re-added it. this issue will be solved.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

sdowse
Resolver I
Resolver I

Thanks @v-litu-msft - I'll give it a go tomorrow.

Simon

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Automate User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (43,132)