cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Is it possible to set a Dynamics date field to the "execution time" via Flow like you can with workflow?

Hi,

I have several workflows I've created for a client where a date field gets populated with the "execution time" so that the field is updated with the actual date/time of the action. I've used workflow so far because I could find no way to do it with Flow. But I would like to convert these to Flow if possible. Is this possible? Here's a screenshot of the workflow value for reference:

workflowscreenshot.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Is it possible to set a Dynamics date field to the "execution time" via Flow like you can with workflow?

Hi @phildrake198,

Not sure how it works set dynamic content with workflow, but it is possible to set a Dynamics date field in Flow.

Annotation 2020-04-13 094553.png

For example, you could add the UTC now into the Date field of a SharePoint list item, also, you could use the date and time functions to process the time, add or sub year, month, day, etc:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/workflow-definition-language-functions-reference#d...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Is it possible to set a Dynamics date field to the "execution time" via Flow like you can with workflow?

Hello @phildrake198 

Where is the date field that you update with the last execution time stored? (In a SharePoint list or?)

#Edit - and then I saw you mentioned Dynamics in the subject 😄 - no idea, unless you can somehow pass back the utcNow() date!

When a flow is triggered, you have an expression "utcNow()" that will give you the current datetime.

Kind regards, John

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @phildrake198,

Not sure how it works set dynamic content with workflow, but it is possible to set a Dynamics date field in Flow.

Annotation 2020-04-13 094553.png

For example, you could add the UTC now into the Date field of a SharePoint list item, also, you could use the date and time functions to process the time, add or sub year, month, day, etc:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/workflow-definition-language-functions-reference#d...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,941)