Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
devsyw
Resolver I
Resolver I

Is it possible to set a dynamic form ID

Hi power automate users,

I'm building an app with an ideal scenario- create a new 'Microsoft form ' survey at power apps,  send an email to receivers, then get the responses once the survey is submitted.

and now I'm facing a major obstacle- can not create the flow with 'dynamic' Form Id. 

devsyw_0-1635455746313.png

which means I can only get the responses with a pre-fixed Form Id which I've set in the flow.

Anyone has any advice to conquer this limitation? Or any suggestion to satisfy this scenario? 

many thanks in advance!

PA user

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
devsyw
Resolver I
Resolver I

Found a very simple solution! (though survey needs to be submitted in 28 days runtime!)

trigger by powerapps btn to pass the survey ID (last part of complete MS form url)

devsyw_2-1635890311406.png

😉

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
devsyw
Resolver I
Resolver I

Found a very simple solution! (though survey needs to be submitted in 28 days runtime!)

trigger by powerapps btn to pass the survey ID (last part of complete MS form url)

devsyw_2-1635890311406.png

😉

Thanks for sharing your findings, that will be helpful for other users. 

Kind regards. 

devsyw
Resolver I
Resolver I

@AnthonyAmador !! Thank you for reading this, however, I soon encountered another challenge!! Could you please give some guidance or some practical references?

Here is the challenge from the PrintScreen:

devsyw_3-1635890505955.png

The next step is absolute to retrieve questions and answers from different Forms! Challenges are:

1. If these forms are pre-made by me (ex. Form A, Form B that I've made in MS Form, and I've created SP list1 for Form A responses and SP list 2 for Form B responses, because the questions are different from 2 Forms, they need different columns to indicate the exact questions and record the tided responses. )

How can I get the questions in the text, and be able to store them in SharePoint list 1 , and SharePoint list 2?

2. If I direct an app User to create a new form in  MS Form, and the new form is sent to different receivers, how can I get the text of questions, and where can I store the questions and responses? (there is no option to create a new SP list when receiving the first response from the new form, which I can not know the exact questions to pre-fix the columns)

Any advice to solve the challenge, workaround guidance, or re-form scenario suggestions is very appreciated!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,627)