cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
johnyblumer2012
Level: Powered On

Is possible to build GLOBAL flow for organization?

Hi everyone.

I'm totally new to MS Flows. I made a flow that:

1) I receive a message from another user with an attachment

2) If there is any attachment in the message, it sends it to my OneDrive account:

I now show the diagram:

1.jpg2.jpg

I have a question for now: is it possible to build a global flow for the organization? For example, there are 50 employees in the company, and when it becomes a new employee, I create only a new e-mail message and this flow is automatically added (I mean not creating a new flow for the new user). If possible, I will be grateful for every answer. Thank you for your help. 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Is possible to build GLOBAL flow for organization?

No. Well yes and no. But no for the way you are asking.

Technically, if I create a Flow connected to a SharePoint list, anyone who interacts with that list will run “my” Flow. So, that’s kind of a organisation-wide Flow.

But, a Flow can only have one trigger. So it’s attached to a single SP list, or excel spreadsheet, or Exchange mailbox.

So, for your scenario, you’d have to create an instance of your Flow for every mailbox that you want monitored.

- Mark
johnyblumer2012

Thank you for answer. But where can I create an instance of my Flow for every outlook mailbox?

Greetings.

Super User
Super User

Generally, each user would create a copy of the Flow in their own Flow dashboard to connect to their own mailbox.

I guess technically you could have one service account that has a office 365 Mail connection for each user. But they would still have to authenticate the connector at the start and when it looses connection so in reality it would be a real pig to manage. Especially with large numbers of users.

In all honesty, I don’t think you will easily achieve what you are looking to. I’d be creating a template then providing an intranet page that tells users how to set the Flow up and run it against their own mailboxes. Then deal with support tickets. It can then be rolled into their onboarding process.

- Mark
johnyblumer2012

Ok, but in this flow can i write a global variable which from sender send's email with attachment to addressee and then that attachment sends to OneDrive account?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 371 members 6,123 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: