cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomasG
Advocate II
Advocate II

Is possible to remove/cancle approval when file is deleted from SharePoint?

Hello,

I have question: Is possible to cancel or remove approval when someone delete file from SP library (file which executes approval process).

Thanks for answers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TomasG ,

As @Pstork1  and @ScottShearer  said, the function to remove or cancle approval is not supported in microsoft flow currently, and you could vote for the ideas in the flow idea forum.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@TomasG 

Currently, there is no supported method of cancelling an approval.

This suggesting has been made in the "Flow Ideas" area - you might want to vote for it.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

If you have the approval ID you can access the CDS approvals entity to delete the approval.  That will remove it from the approvals tab in Flow.  But there is no way to cancel or recall the original email. It would also be difficult in a seperate Flow to get hte approval ID of the approval for a specific document that was deleted.

So although there are some things you can do, the specific scenario you call out would be very difficult.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TomasG ,

As @Pstork1  and @ScottShearer  said, the function to remove or cancle approval is not supported in microsoft flow currently, and you could vote for the ideas in the flow idea forum.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-alzhan-msft @Pstork1 @ScottShearer for your advice, I'll vote for this idea.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,994)