cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tanner
Level 8

Is there a Flow Action like the Approval Process that doesn't include an option to reject?

I have used the approval process action and I like the functionality it has:

1. sends an email to the approver with a link to the approval

2. approver clicks the link and gets a "Microsoft Flow"-esque page with "Approve" or "Reject" options

3. based on the approver's choice, you can tell SharePoint to update a list item or its properties (for example)

Is there a similar action that includes this functionality and the Microsoft Flow-esque page, but that *only* has one option? I'm essentially looking for a button-click way for an approver to update a SharePoint list item where the approver only has the one option to click, rather than one of two options.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tanner
Level 8

Re: Is there a Flow Action like the Approval Process that doesn't include an option to reject?

I didn't find one that behaved the exact same as the Approval workflow (bummer), but I did find one that was pretty close: the Outlook - Send an email (with options) Action. This lets me send an e-mail with custom headers, body, etc., and 1 or more buttons named whatever I want that can then be used in following Condition checks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tanner
Level 8

Re: Is there a Flow Action like the Approval Process that doesn't include an option to reject?

I didn't find one that behaved the exact same as the Approval workflow (bummer), but I did find one that was pretty close: the Outlook - Send an email (with options) Action. This lets me send an e-mail with custom headers, body, etc., and 1 or more buttons named whatever I want that can then be used in following Condition checks.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
17wehns
Level: Power Up

How did you get the link to put in the email

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 104 members 5,327 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: