cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tanner
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Is there a Flow Action like the Approval Process that doesn't include an option to reject?

I have used the approval process action and I like the functionality it has:

1. sends an email to the approver with a link to the approval

2. approver clicks the link and gets a "Microsoft Flow"-esque page with "Approve" or "Reject" options

3. based on the approver's choice, you can tell SharePoint to update a list item or its properties (for example)

Is there a similar action that includes this functionality and the Microsoft Flow-esque page, but that *only* has one option? I'm essentially looking for a button-click way for an approver to update a SharePoint list item where the approver only has the one option to click, rather than one of two options.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tanner
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

I didn't find one that behaved the exact same as the Approval workflow (bummer), but I did find one that was pretty close: the Outlook - Send an email (with options) Action. This lets me send an e-mail with custom headers, body, etc., and 1 or more buttons named whatever I want that can then be used in following Condition checks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tanner
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

I didn't find one that behaved the exact same as the Approval workflow (bummer), but I did find one that was pretty close: the Outlook - Send an email (with options) Action. This lets me send an e-mail with custom headers, body, etc., and 1 or more buttons named whatever I want that can then be used in following Condition checks.

17wehns

How did you get the link to put in the email

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,268)