cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Is there a Flow Action like the Approval Process that doesn't include an option to reject?

I have used the approval process action and I like the functionality it has:

1. sends an email to the approver with a link to the approval

2. approver clicks the link and gets a "Microsoft Flow"-esque page with "Approve" or "Reject" options

3. based on the approver's choice, you can tell SharePoint to update a list item or its properties (for example)

Is there a similar action that includes this functionality and the Microsoft Flow-esque page, but that *only* has one option? I'm essentially looking for a button-click way for an approver to update a SharePoint list item where the approver only has the one option to click, rather than one of two options.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Re: Is there a Flow Action like the Approval Process that doesn't include an option to reject?

I didn't find one that behaved the exact same as the Approval workflow (bummer), but I did find one that was pretty close: the Outlook - Send an email (with options) Action. This lets me send an e-mail with custom headers, body, etc., and 1 or more buttons named whatever I want that can then be used in following Condition checks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Re: Is there a Flow Action like the Approval Process that doesn't include an option to reject?

I didn't find one that behaved the exact same as the Approval workflow (bummer), but I did find one that was pretty close: the Outlook - Send an email (with options) Action. This lets me send an e-mail with custom headers, body, etc., and 1 or more buttons named whatever I want that can then be used in following Condition checks.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

How did you get the link to put in the email

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,387)