cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgoins

Is there a way for a flow to go back to a trigger when a condition returns false?

Right now, to sum it up, here's the flow I have so far (also found here😞

A member of the organization submits a Form > The Flow uses conditions to see what Plan and Bucket to create a Planner Task > The Form creates a Planner Task using my email and the information filled out on the Form

This all works perfectly. But I want the Flow to send an email to the Responder's Email (taken from the Form), when their Task is completed. However, the Trigger of "When a task is completed" is too general because it triggers when any task in the Plan is completed. I need it to trigger when a SPECIFIC TASK is completed. I've gotten a solution to check to see if a specific task is completed, but here lies my problem:

When the ID of the task completed does not match the ID of the task created, the Flow needs to go back and wait for another "When a task is completed" trigger. So what should I put in the False condition?

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 5.46.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 5.46.23 PM.png

I've tried Do Until loops, but nothing seems to be working because in my loop, I need the condition to compare the Task ID of the created task and the Task ID of the completed task but it cannot do it if the Task ID of the completed task is coming from inside the Loop.

Wouldn't it be easier if Microsoft made a revision of the Trigger that fired when a specific task ID was completed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
p_doc
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi @dgoins ,

1) Planner task : you can try adding multiple condition:

when the task is completed and when the task is specific then send an email.

2) HTTP request : (I used it to call other flow, I haven't used it to call itself), but IT can work

p_doc_0-1635854017667.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (5,481)