cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevenls
Advocate II
Advocate II

Is there a way to delete a file from the origin point when the signed Flow has triggered for Adobe Sign

Hi there,

I am using the Flow template that when a document is signed in Adobe Sign it is created in an Approved folder with -signed after it.  This works fine, but what I want to do is remove it from the original location when this flow is running.

The problem I am not sure how to capture the path back to the original file.  I can pull out the agreement name as a dynamic value as part of the 'agreement workflow' process but I can't see how to actually find where that file is in the structure of folders we have for the various approvers.

FlowQuestion.JPG

Is anyone familiar with this and how I can find where the source file is in Sharepoint and delete it?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mari
Community Support
Community Support

Hi! I am afraid I don't have an Adobe Sign account to repro this, but the File Identifier field is the identifier from SharePoint. I don't think the trigger outputs have info to get the corresponding file from SharePoint.

If all files have a different name, perhaps you can use Get files (properties only) action from SharePoint, use Filter Query to get only the file name that matches the one signed. Then, from that Get files (properties only) action you might be able to get the id if the file to delete it.

Best regards,

Community Support Team - Mari
If this post helps, then please consider Accept as solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mari
Community Support
Community Support

Hi! I am afraid I don't have an Adobe Sign account to repro this, but the File Identifier field is the identifier from SharePoint. I don't think the trigger outputs have info to get the corresponding file from SharePoint.

If all files have a different name, perhaps you can use Get files (properties only) action from SharePoint, use Filter Query to get only the file name that matches the one signed. Then, from that Get files (properties only) action you might be able to get the id if the file to delete it.

Best regards,

Community Support Team - Mari
If this post helps, then please consider Accept as solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

I pass the get files information into a File array and then pull out the details from there, including the path to the documents level in Teams.

I can then delete the file after that step, thanks for your reply it sent it in the direction I needed to head.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,376)