cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to make the flow wait at the bottom of 2 parallel branches before proceeding?

Hi,

Is there a way to make the flow wait at the bottom of 2 parallel branches (for each branch to finish) before proceeding?

Thank you.

Regards,

Daniel

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

No It wont. It will wait for both approvals to be completed and only then proceed with the Get Properties.  Please refer following article.. https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/parallel-actions/

PrasadAthalye_0-1624979154332.png

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

Using Scope, you can group multiple actions together and anything declared within that scope remains accessible to that scope only. This is like writing a Private Method in the code and putting all code inside that. Practically, kind of a grouping that you can collapse and make workflow readable instead of long tower of actions.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PrasadAthalye
Community Champion
Community Champion

Can you upload flow design? If you apply parallel branches logic, flow wont proceed until all branches are complete...

Your design should look like this. Use Scope so that you can keep all actions together. 

PrasadAthalye_0-1624972797251.png

Power Automate Community
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @PrasadAthalye ,

Here's what I'm trying to accomplish:

Essentially two parallel approvals. I want the 'get file properties' action to go ahead once both approvals are completed. I'm concerned that it will go ahead if one approver approves and not wait for the other.

DanielRK_0-1624975157403.png

I'm also mindful of the nesting limit of 8. I on 5 at the moment so I'm ok for now. I'm just worried scopes will push me over the limit

Thank you for your help.

No It wont. It will wait for both approvals to be completed and only then proceed with the Get Properties.  Please refer following article.. https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/parallel-actions/

PrasadAthalye_0-1624979154332.png

Power Automate Community
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @PrasadAthalye ,

Thank you Sir! You answered my question exactly!

Regards,

Daniel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @PrasadAthalye ,

What is the purpose of the scope action?

Regards,

Daniel

Using Scope, you can group multiple actions together and anything declared within that scope remains accessible to that scope only. This is like writing a Private Method in the code and putting all code inside that. Practically, kind of a grouping that you can collapse and make workflow readable instead of long tower of actions.

Power Automate Community
Belin
Frequent Visitor

Here is how you doing: set a variable as 0.

At the end of each branch add +1 to that variable.

When the branches join set a "wait until" condition and you wait until the variable is set to the value you need...

In your case until both branches will not be completed, meaning reaching the function "add +1" to your variable, and set the variable to 2, the rest will not be processed

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (4,118)