cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanielRK
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Is there a way to make the flow wait at the bottom of 2 parallel branches before proceeding?

Hi,

Is there a way to make the flow wait at the bottom of 2 parallel branches (for each branch to finish) before proceeding?

Thank you.

Regards,

Daniel

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

No It wont. It will wait for both approvals to be completed and only then proceed with the Get Properties.  Please refer following article.. https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/parallel-actions/

PrasadAthalye_0-1624979154332.png

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

Using Scope, you can group multiple actions together and anything declared within that scope remains accessible to that scope only. This is like writing a Private Method in the code and putting all code inside that. Practically, kind of a grouping that you can collapse and make workflow readable instead of long tower of actions.

Power Automate Community

6 REPLIES 6
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

Can you upload flow design? If you apply parallel branches logic, flow wont proceed until all branches are complete...

Your design should look like this. Use Scope so that you can keep all actions together. 

PrasadAthalye_0-1624972797251.png

Power Automate Community
DanielRK
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @PrasadAthalye ,

Here's what I'm trying to accomplish:

Essentially two parallel approvals. I want the 'get file properties' action to go ahead once both approvals are completed. I'm concerned that it will go ahead if one approver approves and not wait for the other.

DanielRK_0-1624975157403.png

I'm also mindful of the nesting limit of 8. I on 5 at the moment so I'm ok for now. I'm just worried scopes will push me over the limit

Thank you for your help.

No It wont. It will wait for both approvals to be completed and only then proceed with the Get Properties.  Please refer following article.. https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/parallel-actions/

PrasadAthalye_0-1624979154332.png

Power Automate Community

DanielRK
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @PrasadAthalye ,

Thank you Sir! You answered my question exactly!

Regards,

Daniel

DanielRK
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @PrasadAthalye ,

What is the purpose of the scope action?

Regards,

Daniel

Using Scope, you can group multiple actions together and anything declared within that scope remains accessible to that scope only. This is like writing a Private Method in the code and putting all code inside that. Practically, kind of a grouping that you can collapse and make workflow readable instead of long tower of actions.

Power Automate Community

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,499)