cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper IV
Helper IV

Is there a way to update a single column record from a SharePoint list?

Hi everyone, 

Not sure, I should ask this here or the Power Apps forum. 

I have a PowerApp that sends an HTTP Post request to an API.

The API creates a record and returns the object id (user story).

I would like to update a SharePoint Item with this information, but when creating this step in flow, it requires I update the entire item's fields.  

is there a better way to do this?

Thanks

update record sharepoint.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

You can use a "Get item" action before to update it, just in order to get values for required fields, and then inform the same values on Update item action.

Tarcisio Vilas Boas

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

@F_Quint the Update item action display all the columns but if any of them are not being updated just leave the fields blank. You only need to enter data into fields that are being updated and/or fields where the column is a required one.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Microsoft
Microsoft

You can use a "Get item" action before to update it, just in order to get values for required fields, and then inform the same values on Update item action.

Tarcisio Vilas Boas

View solution in original post

This seems to be the only solution. 

you can't just simply update one field. I tried that and it wipes blank all the fields that where a value is not entered.  

I would like to this route but the flow takes a lot longer if you have 30+ fields to update. 

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (54,079)