cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rt_uk
Frequent Visitor

Issue building flow with move file

Hi,

I have tried searching through most of the posted issues about this but nothing I have found has resolved the issue.

I am trying to build a new process management system in sharepoint & power automate to help manage processes over all our dozens of contracts and internally.

I have flows setup to push all teams channel messages into email and flows that listen for new emails and scrape the body for the keyword "@process", if present it will convert the email & attachments to PDFs, merge all PDFs into 1 PDF, convert again to a .docx file and then create the file in the "Process Inbox" folder.

From the Process Inbox folder, the process (.docx file) is amended if needed, the name is changed to something suitable, then a manual triggered flow is triggered on the file by engineer, the aim for it currently is to:

- Query user what type of process it is

- Move the file to the relevant contracts subsite/folder, (More logic will be built into it so it can be done with only 1 process and you select the contract and process type and it will move it to the correct location once its working at a simple level)

- Update the destination "Process Type" column, which has 5 options for process type, with whatever is selected in the flow dropdown menu

- Update the destination "Process GUID" column with a bodge job GUID using UTC timestamp

rt_uk_0-1663757118016.png

rt_uk_1-1663753984460.png

However it fails with move file error:

Failed to verify the existence of destination location at 'https://redacted.sharepoint.com/sites/redacted-KnowledgeHub/redacted/Shared Documents/redacted Processes/' due to error 'The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)'.
clientRequestId: 92cfbd58-f9cd-4bfa-8783-247c6b84c950
serviceRequestId: 92cfbd58-f9cd-4bfa-8783-247c6b84c950

The folder was literally chosen via the folder icon button, I have no idea how it cannot find it?

Both sites are subsites of the same main KnowledgeHub Sharepoint site, I am the owner so I can't see how this could be a permissions issue causing it to not be located?

Thanks for any help 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for the suggestion, no I wasn't.

I identified the issue, you need Power Platform Administrator role in order for the flows i detailed to work correctly and move the file, create file also failed when creating with an extension (would work strangely without one) until I had that role, I am a Sharepoint admin so didnt occur to me I would need more admin privileges just to move files around an environment I already had admin rights for.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JimmyWork
Super User
Super User

@rt_uk You should not be using fileName, use the ID of the file, the ID is the File Identifier

Thank you for the suggestion, however that is what I was using first and it didn't work so perhaps there is a need to pull in more info but bringing in a "Get file (properties only)" didn't see to make any difference unless I configured it wrong, when using ID the error changes to:

Failed to verify the existence of source object at 'https://redacted.sharepoint.com/sites/redacted-KnowledgeHub/Process Inbox/Shared Documents/2' due to error 'The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)'.
clientRequestId: 03691f9b-e2d9-4d32-bf35-76384d9c1908
serviceRequestId: 03691f9b-e2d9-4d32-bf35-76384d9c1908

The error is now about locating the file itself I am trying to move now rather than it cannot find the destination. so it seems to be failing at an earlier point.

rt_uk
Frequent Visitor

So leading down the thought of permissions, I tested further and apparently that is the case, when modifying the original flow to move from the subsite Process Inbox's root folder, to a subfolder of the same subsite, the file will get moved as expected, however the flow is still throwing up a "The response is not in a json format" error which is puzzling as the file got moved.

rt_uk_0-1663766734258.png

That said, I have no idea what permissions issue is in play, do I need to authorize something via the flow? I am the  owner of the main sharepoint subsite and all subsites inherit permissions, there isn't anything else to give me access to as far as I know?

@rt_uk try using this.
Are you file in the General folder? Please check this because this setup works.

JimmyWork_0-1663866904894.png

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for the suggestion, no I wasn't.

I identified the issue, you need Power Platform Administrator role in order for the flows i detailed to work correctly and move the file, create file also failed when creating with an extension (would work strangely without one) until I had that role, I am a Sharepoint admin so didnt occur to me I would need more admin privileges just to move files around an environment I already had admin rights for.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,917)