Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Issue displaying Document ID in a Sharepoint List

Hi,

Any help with this is much appreciated.

I am having an issue with displaying the full Document ID for a document stored in an SP Doc Lib in an SP List.  I built the following flow:  When an item is created in the SP List  > Create a Sub Folder in Doc Lib  > Get the Attachment > Create a File in the Doc Library > Get File Metadata > Update the SP List with Document ID > Move the file into the subfolder created in "Create a Folder". 

The first image is a view of the Doc Lib with the Document ID that I want in the SP List.  The result in the list is only the last 2 digits of the Document ID.  At one point, on a different flow/list combination, I had this working.  That list has also stopped displaying the full document ID.

In the flow below, Get File MetaData is getting the Date from the Create File Action.

Any help would be appreciated.DocumentID_Value.PNGDOCID_issue.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Re: Issue displaying Document ID in a Sharepoint List

Hello @MattH2 ,

You should use "Get file properties" instead of "Get file metadata", and then you will be able to read the DocumentId column, using the expression body('get_file_properties')?['DocumentId'].

Hope it helps!

Ferran

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello @MattH2 ,

You should use "Get file properties" instead of "Get file metadata", and then you will be able to read the DocumentId column, using the expression body('get_file_properties')?['DocumentId'].

Hope it helps!

Ferran

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

thank you.  I figured it was something simple, but was struggling to find it.

For the record, I used DocumentID_Value to get only the ID rather than the URL directly to the file.

Many thanks,

Matt

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,079)