cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tjlovett
Frequent Visitor

Issue getting correct branch when using Switch or Condition

Hello, hoping someone can help in my confusion....

I have set a variable 'EmploymentStatus' that pulls out a value ('Permanent') from another list.

I then add a Switch using the variable 'EmploymentStatus' Equals 'Permanent'. 

tjlovett_1-1601027232146.png

This seems quite straight forward. However, when I run the flow, it doesn't appear to work.

You can see the switch input = 'Permanent', and the Case says 'Equals - Permanent' - so why does the 'Default' (ie not equals 'Permanent') appear to be the path the flow has followed?

tjlovett_0-1601027023708.png

I originally tried this with a Condition, but I had the same issue. I tried changing the value of the variable (by changing it in the list so it picked up a different value) - the output of the variable always looked correct, but the Condition output was always 'false'..?

What am I missing??

Thanks in advance 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@tjlovett 

Please try using String('Permanent') in Switch case?

Thanks

Hardesh

Thank you for your response.

That hasn't made any difference though unfortunately, unless I've misunderstood....

tjlovett_1-1601033235083.png

tjlovett_0-1601033142026.png

@tjlovett 

You need to put cursor in equals box then a dynamic window will open in that under expression tab box type String('Permanent').

i would like to know variable output which you are using in Switch ON box. Use one compose action above switch and supply your variable and share output of compose. i am seeing you your switch ON Box output is not Permanent but you are doing equals to permanent in case.

Thanks

Hardesh

@tjlovett 

i am pointing here-

Hardesh15_0-1601034827343.png

you can see expression result is not equal to permanent.

Thanks

Hardesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (1,637)