cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Issue in adding fields from sharepoint and Microsoft forms

Hello there, 

I am trying to create a flow where after approvals I need to update an item in a sharepoint list.

In that update, I have to update a coloumn which requires me to add a existing coloumn entry and another response from microsoft forms. 

I can see the field untill I use expression and formula to add.

Here are the snapshots.

Snip_2.JPGSnip 1.JPG 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Issue in adding fields from sharepoint and Microsoft forms

Hi @raionkar,

Could you please share a full screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you want to reference the Dynamic contents of the "Get items" action within the expression formula?

I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:21.JPG

22.JPG

Within Description field of the "Update item" action, type the following formula:

concat(item()?['Executor'],' Submitted ',body('Get_response_details')?['r88c746804d434ddd8e4420f6d92ef5d5'])

Note: Use the item()?['ColumnNameOfSharePointList'] expression to reference the Dynamic contents within your "Get items" action. The Executor within my above formula is a column in my SharePoint list. The body('Get_response_details')?['r88c746804d434ddd8e4420f6d92ef5d5'] expression represents the Answer Dynamic content of the "Get response details" action, in order to include dynamic content from the "Get response details" action within your expression formula, you could select the Dynamic content tab and simply click the field you want to use.

On your side, please consider take a try to use the following formula to reference the Dynamic contents of the "Get items" action:

item()?['ColumnNameOfYourSharePointList']

Or

items('Apply_to_each_2')?['ColumnNameOfYourSharePointList']

Note: The "Apply_to_each_2" represents the name of the "Apply to each" action which includes the "Update item" action within my flow.

More details about using expression in flow actions, please check the following article:

Use expression in flow actions

More details about the item() expression in Microsoft Flow, please check the following article:

item() function

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @raionkar,

Could you please share a full screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you want to reference the Dynamic contents of the "Get items" action within the expression formula?

I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:21.JPG

22.JPG

Within Description field of the "Update item" action, type the following formula:

concat(item()?['Executor'],' Submitted ',body('Get_response_details')?['r88c746804d434ddd8e4420f6d92ef5d5'])

Note: Use the item()?['ColumnNameOfSharePointList'] expression to reference the Dynamic contents within your "Get items" action. The Executor within my above formula is a column in my SharePoint list. The body('Get_response_details')?['r88c746804d434ddd8e4420f6d92ef5d5'] expression represents the Answer Dynamic content of the "Get response details" action, in order to include dynamic content from the "Get response details" action within your expression formula, you could select the Dynamic content tab and simply click the field you want to use.

On your side, please consider take a try to use the following formula to reference the Dynamic contents of the "Get items" action:

item()?['ColumnNameOfYourSharePointList']

Or

items('Apply_to_each_2')?['ColumnNameOfYourSharePointList']

Note: The "Apply_to_each_2" represents the name of the "Apply to each" action which includes the "Update item" action within my flow.

More details about using expression in flow actions, please check the following article:

Use expression in flow actions

More details about the item() expression in Microsoft Flow, please check the following article:

item() function

Best regards,

Kris

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-xida-msft,

I did try items() on my first attempt but was not successfull.

I tried item() as suggested by you. I got the following error:

Error.JPG

Here are the snapshots of my flow:

Snip 1.JPGSnip_2.JPGSnip_3.JPGSnip_4.JPG

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @raionkar,

Do you want to concatenate the Dynamic content from the "Get items" action and the response from the "Get response details" action using expression within your flow?

The error message told that there is something wrong with the Parameters that you provided within the and() function. The parameters of the and function are required to fill a Boolean value, but you provided a String value. 

If you want to concatenate the Dynamic content from the "Get items" action and the response from the "Get response details" action, please consider take a try to change the and() function into the concat() function that I provided above. I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:

More details about the and() function, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/logic-apps-workflow-definition-language#logical-fu...

Best regards,

Kris

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello Kris,

Thanks for your response. My bad, I wrote down and instead of add.

Actually , I want to add the two numbers.One is from get items and other is from get response details

So, the formula is add(item()?[sharepoint_column],body('Get_response_details')?['r......']).

It some how doesnt recognise it and considers it as a null value.

Error.JPG

Thanks.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-xida-msft,

I was using a wrong coloumn name. 

It solved the issue. 

Thanks for all your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,849)