cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carterbarry88
Advocate I
Advocate I

Issue with Boolean / Two Option Set field. A binary operator with incompatible types was detected.

I came across the following issue with my trigger:

A binary operator with incompatible types was detected. Found operand types 'Edm.Boolean' and 'Edm.Int32' for operator kind 'Equal'.

I was trying to do the following for the filter expression:

new_booleanfield eq 1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
carterbarry88
Advocate I
Advocate I

In order to fix this, I changed the filter expression to new_booleanfield eq true

You cannot use the option set value for the boolean field. You have to use true or false values

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
carterbarry88
Advocate I
Advocate I

In order to fix this, I changed the filter expression to new_booleanfield eq true

You cannot use the option set value for the boolean field. You have to use true or false values

iantaylor01

I used not(yesnofield) in my filter as the yes/no field is true or false already and so it does not require a logical test to see if it is true. So the field alone should work if set to yes and not(yesnofield) if you only want to trigger if the field is No.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,029)