cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yayze

Issue with Condition over Multiple Strings/Text

Hey everyone,

I am a complete newbie when it comes to this stuff. I'm trying to build my first flow. As part of it, there is a part with a Condition, where an excel row cannot contain certain words to be considered true. I am trying to find the best way to go about this. I was initially using if "Excel Row" does not contain "string('text1','text2','text3'), however realized that string cannot contain more than 1 parameter.

What is the best way to do this? Can I just say if "Excel Row" does not contain: text1,text2,text3 in order to have multiple parameters for what exists in an Excel row?

Here's a screenshot of part of my flow. The two areas in question are the Excel Rows "NOTE" and "EMPSTAT" pulled from an excel file/table.

image.png

The second question goes hand-in-hand with the first. Similar, except I want a condition based on if an excel row is "empty". For this should I be using the expression "null" or something else?

I hope I'm being clear in what I am trying to accomplish. Any help whatsoever would be welcomed! Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

For Question 1 -->

• Declare a string array with all the possible values like below. 

PrasadAthalye_0-1626725263466.png

• Then inside if condition check if Array does not contain your NOTE from excel.

For 2nd question --> Null check is correct to check if its empty.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

For Question 1 -->

• Declare a string array with all the possible values like below. 

PrasadAthalye_0-1626725263466.png

• Then inside if condition check if Array does not contain your NOTE from excel.

For 2nd question --> Null check is correct to check if its empty.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,127)