cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Kmmille25
Frequent Visitor

Issue with Converting Time into a MS List

Good Morning!

 

I've struggled with this entirely too long. I'm not sure I understand what's happening here:

 

As a test, I created the following and it works perfectly:

 

Time Example.jpg

 

Everything works great here. Converts the current time (UTC native in Power Automate) to my timezone, (Eastern Standard Time) and displays it correctly in a test email. Everything looks good!

 

However, when I do this in another flow - it just doesn't work. See below:

 

Error Time.jpg

 

Looks good so far, right?

 

This is how it ends up in my SPO List:

List Error.jpg

 

As you can see, the time is completely wrong. It should be 10:16 AM in this example.

 

This is what the actual flow looks like:

 

Flow Error 2.jpg

Lastly, the email portion:

 

Email Flow.jpg

 

I'm not sure what's happening. In my first example, I get zero issues with the time conversion, but as soon as this flow runs the time in my SPO list is always wrong. 

4 REPLIES 4
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @Kmmille25 

When creating a SharePoint site, you can configure its time zone. Probably, the time zone configured for the SharePoint site is not Eastern Time. 

time-zone.png

 

Hope that helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

That's good to know. This is actually in an MS List - so it's indirectly in a Sharepoint site.

 

Unfortunately, it didn't solve the problem, but it's very helpful information to have.

fchopo
Super User
Super User

Have you tried changing the SharePoint site time zone and test the workflow again? Probably you have to wait some time after making that change. Or you could even try in a new SharePoint site with Eastern Time zone.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

I did change the time zone - but unfortunately, it didn't fix the issue.

 

However, I changed the column to a single line of text instead of a date and it seemed to work correctly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,648)