cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbullen1
Regular Visitor

Issue with Feedback Flow

Hi, I am having an issue with a flow that hopefully someone can help with. I believe I have just been starting at it for too long and don't have a ton of experience with flow yet.

I have a flow at which in one point I need to solicit feedback from several people and then store, or preferably, forward by e-mail to an e-mail group. I tried using the "send e-mail with options" along with two choices for the user to choose from and then as the second action do a simple "Send e-mail" using the response from the previous step. This DOES work, with one caveat. That being is that once the first person responds, and corresponding e-mail is sent, the flow considers the step complete and then doesn't forward any additional responses from the remaining members.

My first thought was to then do an apply to each so that each e-mail to the group member, and response, is in it's own loop. However it won't let me use a simple string of e-mails, only an array, in which I have no experience using yet. I have tried to find some sample data I can use in array but either it fails saying the array data is bad on initialization or it fails on the apply each section of the task.

Hoping someone can help me figure this out. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

Instead of using SendEmail with Options, can you use Start and Wait for an approval? This way you can capture all the responses...You can use Custom Responses in case you would like to...

Like and Mark this as answer if it resolves your issue.

PrasadAthalye_0-1606417059289.png

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community
jbullen1
Regular Visitor

Actually that was my first choice when I was doing this. The problem that I ran into there is that once the first person responds it closes out that action and nobody elses responses are recorded to send in an e-mail. 

I did get it to work somewhat by doing a group lookup, which apparently returns as an array value, and the using that as the "to" field in an e-mail which then allows for the apply to each to function. However I run into the reverse of the issue noted above, that is it doesn't consider the action complete and continue the flow until ALL responses are received. I kind of got around that by at least putting on a timeout on it to continue regardless of number of responses after a period of time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (42,757)