cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue with Flow adding items to user calendars

Have a flow triggered from a PowerApp where users can add travel items from SharePoint into their Office365 Outlook calendar.

Powerapps passes the SharePoint Item ID and calendar ID to the flow which then get the item and fires off a "Create Event (V2)" action.

I have tested succesfully using an administration account, and my own employee acount. However, everyone else that I've tested with has this flow error occur when they trigger the flow from PowerApps:

flow-calenda-error.PNG

I checked to make sure that the calendar id these runs receive is indeed correct, and they are unique, so I assume they are.

Not sure what else might be causing this so any help appreciated! The user triggering the flow is trying to add an item into their own calendar, so I'm not sure how they only have read permission.

Unless the flow is actually running as me (seeing as I created it) and trying to add the event to their calendar as a different user?

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Issue with Flow adding items to user calendars

Hi @Anonymous,

Did you shared the app to the user and then also give the owner permission of the Flow to the users? If so, then yes, the users are actually using your account to access the Calendar. Unless the users create their own Flows to work with this app, they will always use your account to run the Flow as the owner in the app.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-monli-msft,

I have shared the app with the user, however not the flow.

So, if I am understanding this correctly, even though I have passed the user's calendar ID into the Flow and it is that user that is inacting the Flow, the Flow itself is running under my credentials?

If this is the case, I don't understand how my 2 testing accounts (which don't have any permissions one each other's calendars) were able to write to their respective calendars via the same flow, whilst any other user I've tested with is not.

NHU
Level: Powered On

Hi rolycityaccount,

I have the exact same problem: I have a list of events displayed in a PowerApps app, that people in my organization can sign up to. Each event has a date and time. So it would be nice, if I could make my flow create a calendar event in a users's calendar when he/she clicked the "Sign up" button in the PowerApps app.

Did you succeed with something like this?

Kind regards

Niels (NHU)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Niels,

No luck so far at my end unfortunately. I raised this with Microsoft support through O365 Admin Portal and they gave me the "workaround" below. I'm not sure as yet what exactly they mean by it though:

"It is a limitation from product, run only isn't supported for PowerApps. Run-Only flows are supported for the Flow mobile app.

If you have a flow with a Flow Button for Mobile trigger, you can go to the Flow details page and add a user as a "Run-Only User". Users would use their own connections for such a flow."

Highlighted
NHU
Level: Powered On

Thanks for the reply anyway 🙂
Super User
Super User

I'm looking into the exact same thing as @NHU, so any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated. Go MS team, go!!!!

lllexxx
Level: Power Up

Create a system account mailbox in O365 and create the flow under that account. Then grant this account edit permissions on all user calendars.
You don’t need to share the flow since it’s always run with the system account you created. Will likely need add permissions on the SharePoint list as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 332 members 6,487 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: