cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cameron_King89

Issue with Planners Start Time

Hi all,

New to power automate but this stuffs awesome. Currently attempting a task time tracker by updating an excel file when the trigger planner task completed is activated. I am currently stuck converting the "Planner" "Start Date Time" into my excel file. The issue is when converting the "Start Date Time" the "baseTime" is always [ "baseTime""2022-05-17T10:00:00Z" ]. Does the "Start Date Time" option in planner not register the actual time it was clicked like "Completed Date Time" does?

Here is the output I receive when running the test. The above time conversion is the conversion of "Start Date Time" which the "baseTime" never changes. The bottom half is the "Completed Date Time"

Screenshot 2022-05-17 112546.jpg

Here is my entire flow for updating the rows w/ the start time and end times from planner to excel.

asdf.jpgfdsa.jpg

my end game is updating excel with the "start date hours and minutes" and the "completed date hours and minute" so i can do a formula in excel for [start date hours - completed date hours = total hours spent on task].

1 REPLY 1
RoboHeart
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @Cameron_King89 

well...this may not directly fit your requirements but as a workaround you could also use, e.g.:

RoboHeart_1-1652817520079.png

or

RoboHeart_2-1652817589033.png

if you say that with starting the task it must be assigned to a person.

The Start Date of a task is often just a rough guide. The Completed Date is coupled with the Completion event...this might be the reason why the time is not explicitly tracked (...not yet...).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (1,752)