cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ender477
Regular Visitor

Issue with Start and Wait Approval Mechanic/Logic and ApplyToEach Control?

Hi Everyone,

I am creating a flow that uses Form to add a list item to SharePoint, on creation get the profile/manager and start approval and wait for that manager. It works up to the approver selecting their option and fails during the apply to each control. These were added automatically by flow. But assuming this worked on outcome being approved it would send notification that it was approved by manager, then start another approve and wait for a finance contact, on approval it would move to a Site or Business unit contact that is defined using the switch mechanic based on a choice for the form.  Currently as I was having issues with the full flow I created and needed to debug in smaller chunks it looks like this. However the goal is something like this

• End user Submits a form
  • creates the sharepoint list item columns mapped to answers
  • approval and wait hits manager on approved - Finance approval and wait on approved - switch to Business Unit approval and wait on approved - hit security and compliance approval and wait
  • Ideally each of these approval responses would write to the sharepoint list
  • if it is denied at any approval step ideally it would notify the requester or responder of the form that its been denied via email with output/comments from the approver that rejected it.
  • If it is approved by all contacts email your application has been approved to the requester/responder of the form.

This is the most aggressive thing I have attempted to automate using Flow to date and most of my experience is related to using existing templates and making modifications to fit my need so any comments or assistance would be appreciated! 

Should I be using Branches instead of condition sets for the approval outcomes being approved or denied?

If you would like additional information on each section of the flow please let me know and I can add more screenshots of the process!

ender477_0-1602779462991.png

ender477_1-1602779478838.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jcook
MVP

Hello @ender477 

The dynamic content 'Outcome' is a single response.

You want to use the Dynamic content 'Responses' this is an array of all the responses

Jcook_0-1602782056523.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Jcook
MVP

Hello @ender477 

The dynamic content 'Outcome' is a single response.

You want to use the Dynamic content 'Responses' this is an array of all the responses

Jcook_0-1602782056523.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,964)