cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Light
Regular Visitor

Issue with attachment content and Teams Approvals

Hey,

I have a flow that starts from Teams "For selected message", if the chat message contains the word attachment, then I use OFB to search for matching fileID.
Add that content to intialised array like so:
[
"Name": "@{items('Apply_to_each')?['Name']}",
"Content":@{body('Get_file_content')['$content']}
]
Then add that variable to approval as a list. 
Problem I've run into is that during testing it just freezes/halts on the previous stage, and I'm not even sure what the issue is.
When I remove the attatchment part of the approval, it runs normally.

Flow.png

 Let me know what other information I can provide here for further context.
Regards,

3 REPLIES 3
ChristianAbata
Community Champion
Community Champion

hi @Light  please check the Apply_to_each Name I see your action renamed as Approve Search. I don't know what Apply to each you are using, but allways you need to keep the name.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

That bit works fine as far as I've seen, I ended up leaving it running and it seemed to get past that stage eventually, no idea why it took 2 hours though, some more logs would be great 😛

Light_1-1615769202036.png

Deleting the attachments list makes it all work instantly though, so not sure what part it's struggling with, or if I'm defining the variable correctly. 

Light_2-1615769253918.png

Light_3-1615769332832.png

I was able to get outlook attachments to work, with this defined variable, but it still doesn't show on Teams approvals.

Light_0-1616386882582.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,324)