cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carterbarry88
Advocate I
Advocate I

Issue with existing CDS flows - Column filter can be specified for change type 'Update' only

So I created a number of flows a while ago and they are all working as expected. However I am seeing a new error message which is preventing me from editing them. 

In the flow checker I am receiving the following error: Column filter can be specified for change type 'Update' only

carterbarry88_0-1615305315033.png

Now I understand that I am getting the error because I have applied a "Column Filter" on a CDS trigger of "Change Type" "Create or Update".

But this was working fine and didn't generate any errors previously. Why am I suddenly receiving an error on this? Surely Power Automate should be smart enough to figure out that the column filter applies to the "or Update" of the "Create or Update" "Change Type".

Is there any way of getting around this error without having to create two separate flows? What's the point of having the "Create or Update" Change Type if I now need to create two separate flows anyway.

carterbarry88_1-1615305404022.png

2 REPLIES 2
abm
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @carterbarry88 

Try the below under the trigger action step settings.

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials

Hi abm, thanks for the suggestion but how/why would that make it work? As an example I have a different flow that has a very similar trigger that doesn't have anything on the trigger conditions but Power Automate doesn't give any errors? 

Trying to understand why it is working in one flow but not another? Also, these flows have been working for months, so what has changed that stopped them working?

carterbarry88_0-1615468562797.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (57,085)