Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BharatMathur
Level: Powered On

Issues with Modern Approvals

Hi,

We are trying to build an Approvals flow and below are the issues due to which we cannot use Modern Approvals connector as of now. These issues have existed for the last 6 months, so is there an ETA to resolving these.

1. Approval emails come from sender 'Microsoft Flow <maccount@microsoft.com>'  which looks like spam so the Approvers are reluctant in opening these mails. Also, it is a bad user experience to have approval emails coming from a sender outside the organization. The sender should be either configurable inside the flow or it should be the Flow Creator account.

2. Approval email says "Approval Requested By: {Flow Creator}" which is again a confusion for the Approver. The account used for flow creation has nothing to do here, rather it should be {Flow user} or should be configured inside the flow itself. This is a big issue since it gives wrong data in the approval email.

3. Approval emails on Android and Apple phones show up blank.

4. If the Approvals Center is open in the Approver's browser and at that time a user starts an Approval Flow, the approver does not receive the Approval email. The approval request only goes to the Approval Center in this case. This might be a bug because the Approver at all times must be notified through email that a new approval is requested.

5. The user experience on clicking 'Approve' or 'Reject' buttons is unclear. Sometimes, it opens a comment box inside the mail with a Submit button (actionable message), sometimes it goes to the Approvals Center and sometimes it just gives an error in the email itself, saying "The action can't be completed". 

6. HTML formatting of Email body is not available.

Please look at resolving above issues since so many problems with a connector makes it impossible to use.

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Issues with Modern Approvals

Hi @ BharatMathur,

I have made a test on my side.

For you first question, the Approval email would come from the sender “Microsoft Flow <maccount@microsoft.com>”, if you would like the sender be configured inside the flow or be the Flow creater account, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

For you second question, the Approval email would say the Approval Requested By: {the connection account of the Flow’s action “Start an approval”},the flow would always use the connection account to be the creator of the operation, in this situation, the Approval Requested By would be the connection account , if you would like the sender be configured inside the flow or be the Flow user account(such as the requester), please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

For you third question, what is the mailbox that you use to receive the Approval email , please check if the Flow app is the latest version,I have made a test on my side to use the outlook on my Apple phone to receive the Approval email and don’t have the issue that you mentioned, the Approval emails on my Apple phone show normal.

For you fourth question, I have made a test on my side and don’t have the issue that you mentioned, if the Approvals Center is open in the Approver's browser at that time a user starts an Approval Flow, the approver also would receive the Approval email. Please wait for some time, the received request at the approval center always faster than the mail.

For you fifth question, could you please share more details or share a screenshot of the issue? I have made a test and don’t have the issue that you mentioned

For you sixth question, what is the “HTML formatting of Email body is not available” that you mentioned means?

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,676)