cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spideywebb
Frequent Visitor

Issues with Replace... or maybe the template I am using

I am trying to take a response from a form that has been imported into a line in excel and create a PDF with it.  

I found this video that shows exactly what I would like to do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PnzyQNMp3o

I have the flow created and in testing it is failing on the replace statement.  I am only trying to replace the first "variable" to make sure this works.  When I run I receive this error.  

2021-07-13_10-55-04.jpg

Here is what the replace statement says:

replace (outputs('Get_file_content_2')?['body'],'{COU}',outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/r1958a89e883c4447981a9a3e71139d94'])

Is this an issue with the replace statement... or does it not like the HTML template I am using?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
manuelstgomes
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @spideywebb 

The issue is with the "outputs('Get_file_content_2')?['body']". You need to check the elements inside that object that you want to replace.

Cheers
Manuel

------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution." It will help other members finding the solution faster. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ?
Otherwise, reply to it, and the community will do its best to help you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
manuelstgomes
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @spideywebb 

The issue is with the "outputs('Get_file_content_2')?['body']". You need to check the elements inside that object that you want to replace.

Cheers
Manuel

If I have answered your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution." It will help other members finding the solution faster. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ?

@manuelstgomes   Could you perhaps tell me how to do that?  I have a very tentative understanding of what I am doing.  

outputs('Get_file_content_2')?['body'] this was autofilled by flow when I clicked on the filecontent generated by the previous step.  This is an HTMl.....

Ok.. I just figured out what was wrong.  The little file I created did not have an extension on it.  Updated the template that is being pulled from in the previous step with .html and it is working now.  Thank you for your comments!  It got me to where I needed to be.  

manuelstgomes
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @spideywebb 

I'm sorry. Was only to reply now.

Well done. That's it.

Anything else please let me know.

Cheers
Manuel

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,246)