cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Item Level permissions for SharePointGroup

Scenario:

When a new item is added in SharePoint list add item level permission so only a specific SharePoint Group can access the item

Solution:

I tried using "Grant access to an Item or Folder" but looks like we can use only emails in the recipient field.

So I created the flow below. It is working as expected but the only issue is that permissions is updated for the new added item along with any item I created that day (Honestly I have not been able to figure out which previous items are updated....created an hour ago or the same day etc)

But irrespective of that the issue is it updated already existing items along with the new ones added too.

Also I will mention that the previous once were already executed by the flow when they were created.

This is an issue as say I create an item and assign to Group 1

Then I create another item and assign to Group 2.

The flow updates the first item and assigns it to Group 2.

This is not the requirement as group 1 should not be able to see group 2 items.

Can you help me understand what is wrong with the flow below?

Permissions 1.jpgPermissions 2.jpgPermissions 3.jpgPermissions 4.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @Resh 

As far as I know, the action "Stop sharing an item or a file" only applies to any sharing links that you or other may have created. It does not change the permissions granted in the library.

These are the steps that I use to ensure that a folder in a library only allows specific access for people.

The first action is to break the folder permission inheritance.

Second action is then to grant the needed permissions to the folder for the group.

Flow.Grant permissions to item.jpg

Kind regards, John

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (15,208)