cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ghollingsworth
Frequent Visitor

JIRA Connector no longer accepting username in reporter or assignee fields

For the last 18 months I have utilized the "Create a New Issue" action for JIRA to generate tickets populated with data collected from a Microsoft form.

Recently (within the last two weeks), the connector seems to have stopped allowing (or recognizing) usernames in the "Reporter Id" or "Assignee Id" fields.

The usernames in our JIRA instance are, generally, identical to the portion of the email address preceding the @, and I was previously able to hardcode the entry (generally in the assignee field) or populate it dynamically with an expression that would grab the first half of the email from data taken from the form.

As of last week I receive a message telling me that "Reporter is required", even if data was populated in the required field. The same expression used to fill username is also used in the description, and continues to work, so that doesn't seem to be the issue. I need to be able to set the correct reporter, at the very least, as I am building automation for projects that I am not involved in day to day, and I do not want to be listed as the reporter. I have tried using the username raw, in JIRA syntax (screenshot below), and the email address, to no avail, the connector will also not accept any of the user options pulled from the dropdown in either reporter/assignee boxes. At present, the connector only works if those fields are left empty (which automatically lists me as the reporter.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks @ChristianAbata I did in contact with MS support. It appears that the connector conforms to the JIRA Cloud REST API standard, and the recent change to remove usernames has created an incompatability with those using JIRA Server.

I was able to develop a workaround through JIRA Project Automation that updates the reporter based on a label passed in the flow.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

hi @ghollingsworth  this could be solved by Microsoft, you can try opening a MS support case. https://us.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/jira/#create-a-new-issue

The conector is not deprecated or someting.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Thanks @ChristianAbata I did in contact with MS support. It appears that the connector conforms to the JIRA Cloud REST API standard, and the recent change to remove usernames has created an incompatability with those using JIRA Server.

I was able to develop a workaround through JIRA Project Automation that updates the reporter based on a label passed in the flow.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,509)