cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

JSON Format error when using 'Get Rows' from SQL

Hi All, 

I would really appreciate some advice with building this flow! 

I am essentially trying to get rows that were created in the year 2018 (which works fine) it just fails with the error 'The response is not in a JSON format.'

Any ideas on why or how to fix? 

Thanks! (Screenshot below)

Niamh 

flowhelp.JPG

Error message as follows: 

{
  "error": {
    "code"502,
    "source""europe-001.azure-apim.net",
    "clientRequestId""2681a407-d066-447d-b629-6239be1c697e",
    "message""The response is not in a JSON format.",
    "innerError""<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC \"-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN\" \"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd\">\r\n<html xmlns=\"http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml\">\r\n<head>\r\n<meta http-equiv=\"Content-Type\" content=\"text/html; charset=iso-8859-1\"/>\r\n<title>502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.</title>\r\n<style type=\"text/css\">\r\n<!--\r\nbody{margin:0;font-size:.7em;font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;background:#EEEEEE;}\r\nfieldset{padding:0 15px 10px 15px;} \r\nh1{font-size:2.4em;margin:0;color:#FFF;}\r\nh2{font-size:1.7em;margin:0;color:#CC0000;} \r\nh3{font-size:1.2em;margin:10px 0 0 0;color:#000000;} \r\n#header{width:96%;margin:0 0 0 0;padding:6px 2% 6px 2%;font-family:\"trebuchet MS\", Verdana, sans-serif;color:#FFF;\r\nbackground-color:#555555;}\r\n#content{margin:0 0 0 2%;position:relative;}\r\n.content-container{background:#FFF;width:96%;margin-top:8px;padding:10px;position:relative;}\r\n-->\r\n</style>\r\n</head>\r\n<body>\r\n<div id=\"header\"><h1>Server Error</h1></div>\r\n<div id=\"content\">\r\n <div class=\"content-container\"><fieldset>\r\n  <h2>502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.</h2>\r\n  <h3>There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.</h3>\r\n </fieldset></div>\r\n</div>\r\n</body>\r\n</html>\r\n"
  }
}

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: JSON Format error when using 'Get Rows' from SQL

Hi @ niamhks,

What action has failed in your flow?

If the error code 502 appears, the failure is temporary or transient.

You could refer to link below to troubleshoot a flow:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/fix-flow-failures

I have made a test on my side and don’t have the issue that you mentioned.

The screenshots of my flow’s configuration as below:

10.png

The flow run successfully as below:

11.png

Please Resubmit  the flow again and see if your problem still exists.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

I have been resubmitting the for around 4 days and i've had luck. Which is why I think there is an issue occuring somewhere

flow2.JPG

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Have you gotten this to work? I'm also getting 502, the response is not in a JSON format when using Get Rows:

etNAP4Z{

"error": {
    "code"502,
    "source""canada-001.azure-apim.net",
    "clientRequestId""1bffae00-0246-4373-bcda-78d612aa10c5",
    "message""The response is not in a JSON format.",
    "innerError""<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC \"-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN\" \"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd\">\r\n<html xmlns=\"http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml\">\r\n<head>\r\n<meta http-equiv=\"Content-Type\" content=\"text/html; charset=iso-8859-1\"/>\r\n<title>502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.</title>\r\n<style type=\"text/css\">\r\n<!--\r\nbody{margin:0;font-size:.7em;font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;background:#EEEEEE;}\r\nfieldset{padding:0 15px 10px 15px;} \r\nh1{font-size:2.4em;margin:0;color:#FFF;}\r\nh2{font-size:1.7em;margin:0;color:#CC0000;} \r\nh3{font-size:1.2em;margin:10px 0 0 0;color:#000000;} \r\n#header{width:96%;margin:0 0 0 0;padding:6px 2% 6px 2%;font-family:\"trebuchet MS\", Verdana, sans-serif;color:#FFF;\r\nbackground-color:#555555;}\r\n#content{margin:0 0 0 2%;position:relative;}\r\n.content-container{background:#FFF;width:96%;margin-top:8px;padding:10px;position:relative;}\r\n-->\r\n</style>\r\n</head>\r\n<body>\r\n<div id=\"header\"><h1>Server Error</h1></div>\r\n<div id=\"content\">\r\n <div class=\"content-container\"><fieldset>\r\n  <h2>502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.</h2>\r\n  <h3>There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.</h3>\r\n </fieldset></div>\r\n</div>\r\n</body>\r\n</html>\r\n"
  }
}

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Turns out my problem was that I just needed to capitalize 'name' in the Filter of Get rows.

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

In case someone also encounters this issue.

Here, it was also a case problem i had :'Id eq 145', and it was fixed when I entered 'ID eq 145'.

So be carefull you use the exact fieldname.

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

I've used a million of these get rows actions in FLOW and this is the first time I truely can't figure this out.

I am filtering just like you:

LastModified ge @{body('Subtract_from_time')}

but I get:

"message": "The response is not in a JSON format."

The spelling and case of LastModified is correct and the Flow runs with eq rather than gt or ge I just get no values since none of the records had that exact date in LastModified.

Highlighted

I was having issues with this also - i was using ColumnName eq -> and having this point to a dynamic property off an email (subject line).

I had to wrap the dynamic property in apostrophes to get it to work. my code looks like this now:

"ColumnName eq '@{triggerBody()?['Subject']}'"

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,704)